Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tyler Turns 7!






How can it be that my little 1st born son is now a big 7 year old? I remember well the days leading up to Tylers birth, and how excited I was to have a baby. We had a rocky delivery, and some rocky times since but through it all, the love I have for my Tyler has brought me so much happiness and joy. Tyler warmed my heart when at less than 1 day old he cried...I slowly got up to get him from his cubbie... and a second after I held him in my arms he stopped crying and snuggled up to me as he fell back to sleep. I had an amazing and overwhelming feeling...motherhood. I knew I would never be the same again.

This year Tyler is obsessed with Star Wars. He has a playstation 2 Lego Star Wars game and he plays it as much as possible. He seriously breaths... eats...and sleeps (yes we hear him talking in his sleep about it) STAR WARS!!!

Tyler is doing great in 1st grade, and is reading everyday.

Tyler loved the power of special priveledges, on his big day. He reminded me more than once that because it was his birthday he didn't have to clean, he got to say all of the prayers, he got to play whatever he wanted!! and he even refused to get dressed and wore his PJ's almost all day!
We had a family BBQ for his birthday and he chose a white cake with white frosting. I was ready for the big song and realized I lost the candles. I couldn't find them anywhere. I called everyone I knew in the neighborhood and ended up using grilling matches for the candles. I love you Tyler, more than I can even say.

3 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

Happy birthday Tyler! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? I love the "candles". And I love the way you worded your thoughts on motherhood... it was perfect.

Kemari said...

hey! i saw this on stacys blog, and had to say hello to one of my favorite friends ever, who i lost touch with! your family looks so great, and cute! We moved to payson, and love it! i also have a blog... kemariandderek.blogspot.com
also nielsonka@msn.com

Susan G. said...

I love the matches for candles!! When I saw the picture I thought..wow..what neat candles I wonder where they found them..they look like lasers.. (or light sabers??). Then I read your blog..what a laugh.