Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's a cruel summer!

(click on the collage to see up close)
Well for whatever reason, our summer of bad luck continues. I really hope as my sister Sacha tells me that bad luck comes in 3's and now we are done. I came home from work on Friday, to find a house in total destruction. Someone (who wishes not to be named) clogged the toilet in the upstairs bathroom. The tank would not close and water continued to pour through it for most of the day. Since both Kelsey and I were gone for the day, we came home to a swamp!! The water leaked from upstairs down through the kitchen ceiling and soaked through all of the carpet and floor boards. Kelsey said that he had to cut holes to let the water that was pooling in the ceiling drain. Before Friday night was over our house started to smell moldy! I spent the better part of Saturday getting rid of the carpet and carpet pad so we could let the floor dry. Because this happend on Friday night, our insurance adjuster will not be coming until Monday sometime. This is just another one of those crazy things, and all I can say is I will be happy when our house is put back together. We still don't have all of the damages fixed from the hail storm that happend in May. Without meaning to sound whiney, can I just say that I feel tired.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Julie, this is awful! I was telling Tom on the way home that the only thing good about it is the opportunity to get new carpet. He told me not to get any ideas. :) I am so sorry. If there is anything you need help with let me know.